Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread

1. Re: Tracfone LG 530G now available

It is for sale at a Target B&M in Concord NH but not on tracfone.com for that same zip code (03301). And it isn't showing on target.com either.

It seems that increasingly phones are for sale in other places before showing up on the tracfone site. This was true of the LG 800 (HSN), Sam S425 and S390 amazon/ebay (shopcelldeals), Sam T330 (shopcelldeals), LG 500 PINK for Breast Cancer Awareness Month (Dollar General) which never appeared on tracfone.com.

Thaks, The_Sweeper, for the info.

2. Re: Tracfone LG 530G now available

It was available at 5 of the 6 Target stores I visited today. The 6th only carries CDMA phones. All 5 had the display model up as well.

3. Re: Tracfone LG 530G now available

It was available at 5 of the 6 Target stores I visited today. The 6th only carries CDMA phones. All 5 had the display model up as well.
      But it's not on target.com.

4. Re: Tracfone LG 530G now available

Yes, I know, but this is the way we used to find them a few years back. They would always shoiw up in stores before they hit any website, with the exception of ebay, probably.

5. Re: Tracfone LG 530G now available

But it's not on target.com.
      We know this. Target, Walmart, Radio Shack, etc. websites rarely match 100% of the time. Prices can vary wildly btw brick and mortar and store site. Especially when models are new or closeouts.

6. Re: Tracfone LG 530G now available

I wonder if it's any good. I didn't like the LG 500G but the Samsung S390G looks to be a hit, minus the data charge thing of course. I'm pretty happy with my S425g as far as the GSM side of things so I'll stick with that for the time being.

Thanks for the heads-up!

7. Re: Tracfone LG 530G now available

I wonder if it's any good. I didn't like the LG 500G but the Samsung S390G looks to be a hit, minus the data charge thing of course.
      Not sure what you didn't like about the LG500G, but the LG530G looks to be pretty much the same.
      Looks like the LG530G adds 3G data and the per byte charges from the S390G/S425G.

8. Re: Tracfone LG 530G now available

Not sure what you didn't like about the LG500G, but the LG530G looks to be pretty much the same.
      Looks like the LG530G adds 3G data and the per byte charges from the S390G/S425G.
      According to the FCC Docs section of the filing, the LG 530G corrects an antenna anolmaly in the LG 500G and not much more.

9. Re: Tracfone LG 530G now available

Well, the tutorial shows the per byte data charges.
      I gave the benefit of doubt saying 3G.

The OS looks different too. Lots of noticeable changes in the UI look.
      They claim to have added email (direct connection to POP/SMTP and IMAP servers).
      Maybe they fixed the music player to cache the song info such that it doesn't take minutes to start if you have a few hundred tracks?